Every canyoneer has his own list of favorite canyons. Pretty high on my list is Rio Simon in Italian region Friuli Venezia Gulia, just few clicks away from village Chiusaforte. Lenghty approach keeps away the usual tourist group and is getting payed of with pools with crystal clear water, countless jumps and abseils and amazing surronding. If you want to be hooked on canyoning, this is the canyon you have to visit.
- Equipment I will provide for you: Wetsuit, helmet, canyoning harness with lanyard, carabiners, figure eight, neopren socks, canyoning shoes.
- What you should bring: T-shirt, swimsuit and towel.
- Medical conditions: If you have any specific medical conditions you should state it upfront.
- Swimming ability: You must know how to swim.
- Minimum age: 13 years.
- Maximum weight: women 115 kg / men 125 kg.